Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Read any good books lately?

+2
sheepdog
HygenistHygenist
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Read any good books lately? Empty Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:25 pm

HygenistHygenist

HygenistHygenist

Last book I read was The Cosmic Puppets, by Philip K. Dick. Was pretty good, better if you knew a bit about Zoroastrianism. I didn't figure out the names of the two giants were taken from Zoroastrian cosmology until a few days later.Good ol Phil wasn't a Zoroastrian, though. Most people bill him as a Gnostic Christian. But his religious views are beside the point. The book is Sci-Fi of a sort, about a man who drives back to his hometown to find that everything, even the basic layout of the streets and the names of shops and stuff, have completely changed without explanation. The name of the town is the same, though. It's a bretty good book, prose was eh. I give it 7 to 8/10.

2Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:27 pm

sheepdog

sheepdog

read 1984 a week or so ago
i'd like to see if my school has a copy of atlas shrugged but i doubt it

3Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:31 pm

shogo

1984 literally a week ago.

4Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Ugly

Ugly

atlas shrugged is horrible dont waste your time

i want to read gravitys rainbow and i read lord of the flies some time ago which was a really good book

5Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:42 pm

HygenistHygenist

HygenistHygenist

sheepdog wrote:atlas shrugged

Don't bother. Book is crap. There is a 70 page monologue in it. The only reason you should read it is if you were interested in her philosophy.

6Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 pm

room

room
Admin

don quixote from some shit i heard on radiolab

https://animi.forumotion.com

7Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Ugly

Ugly

lol ayn rand was fucking awful

8Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:50 pm

HygenistHygenist

HygenistHygenist

Ugly wrote:lol ayn rand was fucking awful

I agree. She's a shit novelist. I don't really care for her philosophical views either.

9Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Ugly

Ugly

philosophys cool just her views are horrible

10Read any good books lately? Empty Re: Read any good books lately? Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Panty

Panty

been reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
on the second book, this shit's pretty damn good so far

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum